Monday, February 11, 2008

Kimya Dawson and Olympia, WA

I saw Kimya Dawson from the Moldy Peaches and of fame from the hit movie Juno at the Grand Cinema in Tacoma yesterday. Her music is up for a soundtrack award. I added her blog to the links list on the right. Maybe it will be interesting sometimes. Her songs have a lot of honesty in them, and a lot of the Olympia vibe I enjoy so much when I go there. On that note, I attended my first Olympia house show (apparently they have amazing shows in houses there all the time) a few weeks back. A band from Arizona came through on tour - French Quarter. They were tight and fun. And there was an amazing SHADOW PUPPET SHOW! It was really remarkable. Then, Polka Dot Dot (that's only two members of Polka Dot Dot Dot) played. They were quite excellent too. And the crowd was quirky and comfortable.

I am not in love with these bands, but they have something going and it was actually nice to see them all. Check them out.

Kimya Dawson looked kinda like this at the show I saw.

No comments: