Sunday, March 9, 2008

Last night I had a dream

Last night I had an exhilarating dream. I've been waiting for the events of this dream for a long, long, long, long, long time.

I dreamed that Gillian Welch has a new record out. In my dream I was looking at the tan cd case. Gillian and David Rawlings were on the cover. I flipped it over looking for the record company, expecting to see the Acony symbol like all her albums have. But Lo!!! It said Capitol Records (maybe with an 'a', I'm not a detail man).

Regularly I randomly say to Katie, "You know what would be amazing? If there was a new Gillian Welch album!" And now, my dreams are coming true, sort of. If only in my dreams.


...So, after I first posted this Katie asked me if she might have an album coming. So I searched for 15 minutes and this is the best I've got. Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming, amigo. Anyone who can integrate a Steve Miller reference into a bluegrass song has something going for her. I'm digging it more and more.