Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Humiliating others through beauty

We have wanted to have a place to publish our thoughts on music for a long time.  The feeling is like what a musician or any artist feels when they have created something unique, that urgent need to display it.  This allows a certain headiness to come into play: We believe that our thoughts on music, composition, performance, quality, tonal and textural attributes of certain tunes, notable lyrics, good albums, and the significance of important and innovative music, etc.  are quite notable and worth considering.  And we labor to write music that passes our rigorous criticism.

We'll see about this blog, though...

Today I've listened to Madeline Peryoux's (sp) Careless Love (2-3 songs in the car, #4 is amazing), and Thelonious Monk.  Monk's middle name was revealed to me yesterday while reading the liner notes to The Essential Thelonious Monk.  I initially passed it by while scanning the super-lauditory prose that comes inside such a collection (I'm not sure what I think yet, I was just given the cd by my CHAMPION brother Peter yesterday).  But when I came across a description of him claiming that he is "interplanetary," I had to pause.  Then, I found that his given name is Thelonious Sphere Monk.  Whatever I will say about him when I become familiar with him, he can play that piano.

Check out Oh Voices two new tracks, "(The Shit) And the Gold" and "Blood Constellation" on our page www.myspace.com/ohvoices

No comments: