Saturday, January 26, 2008

CURSING, SWEARING, BLEEPING not so much for emphasis... but for TRUTH ???

This is for me, not for you. A little encouragement to post on a topic I consider whenever I drop the bomb around people, especially small nephews and "churchies".

This song is truly titled "(The shit) And the Gold". I will write about it soon. Here are the lyrics for now, and and checkout the link to the Oh Voices myspace page where you can find this song to listen to. And check out the unrelated beer ad I found in Scotland at the bottom.

And the Gold

When I found out that you were doing drugs
I wasn't upset. I thought, "I know what you mean, man."
I know what you mean.

Well, I'm diamond toothed and ready to go.
I am in the thin place, and the shit stands alone.
It's not either/or - it's the shit and the gold.
It's not either/or - the timing is the war.

This song I sing, you know it is the truth (like the sky is blue).
I might be fucked up, but you know I can sing.
I might be fucked up, but you know I can sing.
I might be, but you know I can sing.


No comments: