Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Recording and Conrad Paumann

I posted some of this up on myspace, but I thought I'd add it here too.

We record using an Apple iBook G4, through the Garage Band program, only using the built-in microphone. That's right, we just set the computer a few feet away from the piano and guitar amps and we record it. Since we don't own a grand piano, we record in a local university's piano practice rooms, they are none the wiser (so far). After that, I do most of the vocals at home. We like how it sounds, but we'd also like to kick it up a notch.

And in other general news... I am working on a new song tentatively titled "Conrad Paumann". Here's a line:

"Conrad Paumann (another blind musician of uncommon talent)."



I am reading a book by Stuart Isacoff called Temperment. It stirs the imagination.

No comments: