Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I am hitting the needle on the head and it hurts - because it is a NEEDLE!

Well, after I sat and thought about it for 5 seconds, I realized that there isn't really an argument to be had about the swearing bit. I suppose I just know a bunch of people who feel like it gets in the way of the music. But what they mean is that it keeps them, as individuals with a personal gauge on what they do and don't like to hear, from enjoying particular songs. Most importantly, what they don't mean is that the meaning(s) of the song, are impeded by certain words. Certainly, I would argue against anyone who tried that one. "Shit" is exactly what I mean and what I am trying to bring to the listener - that's right! I'm trying to bring you SHIT (and it costs more to get speedy delivery, otherwise, it will take 14-43 business days).

I feel like an idiot for bringing it up. This isn't a good example of what Zach was telling me to include in this blog, or what I wanted to. It is a reflection of how the people I know bug the crap out of me about my music. I no longer hear them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if it took a mere blog post to "no longer hear them," then excellent. Just play the music and be honest. And as Sylvester Stallone, that great auteur of artistic integrity, proclaimed in Rambo III: "Fuck 'em."

CP said...

andrew, i say you should fuck shit up whenever possible. i mean that in a good way. like..."stir the pot" or "rock the boat" or some other cliche. so yeah, i hope you say the word "shit" when it's what you mean.

many shows lately? alessandra is trying to get her "solo" thing moving again...so maybe you guys could play shows, who knows.

you might like these albums (if you haven't heard them yet):
"For Emma, Forever Ago" by Bon Iver
and
"Pride" by Phosphorescent

-christian